Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ep 74- A Serious Case

~Welcome/ Intro/ Thanks!
~Sponsors:
Audible.com- The internet's leading provider in audiobooks and spoken word entertainment!
Bar-Maids- Makers of AMAZING eco-friendly skin care products!
~Contest:
Head over to the Ravelry group and tell me what your favorite tool is in the autumn for saving money!!
~Sweater Forecast
With the exception of Sunday the 11th, it seems the autumn weather I've been waiting for is coming!  Dropping from the mid-90s today down to the mid 60s!
~Knitting:
Aaron's socks, CO Fake Isle Hat for a friend out of Patons Classic wool and Lion Brand Amazing, CO MegaMan hat for a friend's son, CO 198 yds of Heaven by Chrissy Verity with some Lisa Souza, CO swatch for Stilwell by Jared Flood.
Spinning:
Finished the rainbow sherbet yarn I'd been working on for Hannah and Leighton. 468 yds of Sport weight! SOOOOOO SOFT!
~Events:
OFFF- I'll be there! Will you? There will be at Meet and Greet with many other podcasters on Saturday from 12-1 in the Bar Maids booth! See you there!
~ Sales:
Cardoan Farm has several great items in their sale section!
Interweave is having their Stashbust sale! Patterns, ebooks and books are hugely discounted!
~Tip of the week:
Go find Oversized and Underpriced produce! I got  a HUGE ZUCCHINI that I turned into 20 cups of shredded zucchini! That is enough for 40 small loaves of zucchini bread! Guess what we'll be eating a lot of this winter?!
~ How I Saved the Week:
You guys know I love the Kindle that Aaron got me for my birthday!  As of today, it has paid for itself! I got the Kindle With Special Offers, which is a lower price because it offers coupons and discounts for the owner.  Between coupons I have used and savings from the kindle price being lower than the paperback for my school books, we have saved the price of what the Kindle originally cost us!  In only 2 months!! HOORAY!


~Worth It!
Faith, Hope, Love, Knitting by Lorna Miser




Retail: $24.99 24 patterns
I like this book.  However, I don't actually really like most of the patterns.  I LOVE a few patterns, but I really dislike some of them.  Some just felt contrived, which is disappointing, but the few patterns I really like make up for the ones I didn't like!!  Overall, I urge you to check it out for yourself.  I'm pretty torn on this one.  I don't think that I would have purchased it for myself, though since I got it as a gift, I'm glad to have it!
~Contact Info:
Email: cleverroue (at) gmail (dot) com
Ravelry: Roue
Twitter: Roue0824
Please leave iTunes reviews! I haven't gotten a new one and they make me happy!
You guys are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment