Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ep 52- Ooh Baby!

~Welcome! / Intro/ Thanks! The baby is here!!
Isn't she cute? Leighton Jean, born January 24 at 1:50am
Weight: 6lbs 15oz, length 18.5 inches
Mom and baby are both super healthy and wonderful!!
~Sponsors: Audible- Click the link to get a free 2 week trial and a free audiobook of your choice!
Bar- Maids has wonderful eco-friendly skin care products that are perfect for your knitting bag!
~Contest:
January Contest Winner: Puffygriffinclaw
February Contest: Cheap Date- Tell me what awesome date night you can come up with for $5 or less! Similar to last year's cheap date, but last year it was $10! This year, only $5! Show me what you've got! Participation contest, the winner will receive Lo-Lo Body scrub, Lo-Lo Lips and Cuticle Intensive all from Bar-Maids! Lucky ducky!!
~Quick update:
If you love the Crooked Row podcast with Kim, her RSS feed has changed!! You can now find her at http://thecrookedrow.libsyn.com/rss and on itunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-crooked-row/id415565111 ! Thanks KIM!
~Sweater Forecast:
Not super cold here this week, and it doesn't look like rain!  Forecast is showing between high 40s and low 50s in the day time, and low 30s to high 20s in the night.  Cardi in the day, warm clothes at night seems best!
~ Knitting: 
I finished all the little bits for the baby sweater! Sister loved it and baby was born just 3 days after I finished it! I'm pretty sure she was waiting until she knew there was a snuggly warm sweater ready for her!  I also finished the snake socks! I knitted almost an entire sock the day my sister was in active labor while I was walking the halls of the hospital with her!  I also knitted  a little baby pair to match!
~Spinning: 
I spun up a couple more ounces of that same corriedale while I was waiting for the phone call to GO to the hospital with my sister!
~ Free Entertainment:
I just finished listening to the Trader Tales Series by Nathan Lowell on Podiobooks! It was AMAZING!  I listened to it with a friend, and had so much fun that I think we should have a podiobook listen-a-long! I'll open a thread on Ravelry to see what you think!!
~Sales!
  Knitting Warehouse has Bernat Softee Baby for only $3.59 a ball! (reg $4.99)
  Little Knits has Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for only $3.25 a ball (reg $9.99!!!)
  Target is having their Baby Sale!  Loads of awesome deals on baby items!!
~ Tip of the Week:
Did you know you can rent baby stuff? I knew you could rent breast pumps from the hospitals (great deal if you only want to pump for a short time, but less expensive to buy if you'll be pumping for more than 6 months or with more than 1 child) but you can also rent car seats, high chairs, pack and plays, bathtubs and toys!  Like the pumps, if you plan to use these items for more than a short period of time, it is less expensive to just buy it, but if you are travelling or something, airlines charge up to $50 each way to transport a car seat or stroller, ($100 round trip) OR you could rent a car set for a week for only $40! Awesome!
~ How I Saved the Week:
I maintained my steadfast resolve not to buy everything in sight for my little niece by knitting for her instead!
~ Worth It!
Retails different prices depending on the color style, but a 6oz skein of regular, or brights is about $5 for 314 yds.  Soft, machine wash and dry, shiny and good drape!  It is my go to yarn if I'm knitting for a baby whose parents have wool sensitivity!  It isn't squeaky like other 100% acryllic yarns, and it lasts well through washes! Overall, Worth It!
~Contact Info:
email: cleverroue (at) gmail (dot) com
Ravelry: Roue
Twitter: Roue0824
Want an awesome KnitCents Button? Just click that fancy button down there and donate at least $5!

No comments:

Post a Comment