Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ep 42- Thankful

~Welcome/ Intro/ Thanks!
~ Sponsor:
   - NeoTigress on Etsy is donating 8 oz of undyed corriedale fiber and 2 sets of beautiful stitch markers to our contest winner this month!
   - To enter the contest, before 8pm PST, go to the Ravelry group page and share an idea for a handmade holiday gift!
~ Sweater Forecast:
It is SNOWING!  There is about an inch of snow on the ground!!!
  (Music played- A Snowflake Fell (and it felt like a kiss) by Glasvegas. (One of my favorite holiday songs)
~Knitting:
I got a ton done on my handspun Tappan Zee Cardigan this week!  It's almost done! I also cast on a baby hat for Leighton (my niece- due in January) out of the leftover cormo from my HSTZ!
~Spinning:
Spun about 6 oz of Jacob fiber, 5 oz in dark gray and 1 oz in light gray to make a colorwork hat for Aaron with some awesome robots on it!
~Weaving:
  Warped the loom to weave some burp cloths and wash cloths for Leighton as well!  Warp: White Lion Brand Wool Ease (75/25 wool/ acryllic) Weft: KnitPicks Comfy (75/25 cotton/ acryllic) and I've been practicing with some different patterns in the woven fabric! So fun!
~Free Entertainment:
-Yarns from the Garden with Cindy aka KigeliaKitten
- Clothed in the Lamb with Janeen
Both on iTunes!
~ Chicken Update
The chickens have stopped pulling out their feathers! Yay!
~ Thankful:
I am thankful for you! I know it seems cheesy but the comments, messages and love you all send me makes me so happy and I am thankful to have gotten to meet some of you, and hope to meet many more!  Thank you!
~Sales!
-Follow Webs Yarn store @websyarnstore on Twitter to get Steve's deal of the day!
- Black Friday shopping this weekend! Good luck on getting good deals!
~Tip of the Week:
Also regarding Black Friday, my tip for saving money during the day after Thanksgiving: Stay home, sleep in, and shop online if you need to shop!  Most stores have awesome deals online just like they do in stores the day after thanksgiving! If you do go out, please be safe! No deal is worth your safety!  Also if you do go out, stop by Costco! They give away a free cookbook every year the day after Thanksgiving!
~How I Saved the Week:
2 things! I redeemed some of my credit card reward points! (I totally forgot I had them!) and I used a coupon at WinCo foods to get bacon, eggs, PopTarts, english muffins and orange juice all FREE!
~Worth It!
Weaving Made Easy by Liz Gipson
Retail: $24.95
If you only learn how to warp a rigid heddle loom from this book, it is worth every cent!  The instructions for this tedious part of weaving are amazing! There are also 17 projects you can use for your woven fabric and lots of photo instructions! I borrowed this book from a friend, then bought it because the warping section was amazing!  If you want to learn to weave on a rigid heddle loom, this is the only book you need!
WORTH IT!
~Contact Info:
Email me!
Ravelry: Roue
Twitter: Roue0824
Also, at Madrona I will be taking the "Batts, Roving and Top" class with Judith McKenzie McCuin Saturday morning, and the Advanced Cabling class with Jared Flood Saturday afternoon! See you there!

Thank you all, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my US listeners!

No comments:

Post a Comment