Sunday, June 6, 2010

Episode 21- Cold Sheep!

~Welcome/ Intro
~May Contest- LAL
  Sponsor: Laura's Organics- donated a jar of her hand cream!
  Winner: AbsinthAnnie!
~June Sponsor:
  Bar-Maids!  They are donating an "I deserve this!" package to our winner!
~June Contest:
Cold Sheep.  Either break a bad habit, or start a new one!  Then tell us all about it and how it's going!  Bonus points if it is something that will make you more healthy and save you money!
~Events:
  I will be at the Black Sheep Gathering during the weekend of June 18-20!  I'll be doing a meet and greet at the Bar-Maids booth with Erin from The Anatomy of Knitting Podcast from 12-1 on Saturday!  Come see us!  I am also going to be at the Ravelry meetup on Saturday at 4, and I'll be playing Black Sheep Bingo all weekend!  Let me know if you'll be there so we can meet up!
~Knitting and Spinning
I've made a bit of progress on the sweater, and a bit on the Regia socks.  I frogged the toe up socks while recording and I'm going to knit them up top down really quick before Father's day so I can get them done in time.  I'll try toe up again another time with NOT black sock yarn!
No spinning this week. :(
~Garden Update:
The garden is doing awesome!  I'll be slug-proofing it and building ladders for the peas and beans later today!  (PS >this is what I look like if you want to find me at BSG!)

~Sales!!
  - Yarn Barn has some awesome deals and discounts on discontinued yarn, and they have a weekly special!  Check back every Monday for the deal!
  - Knitting- Warehouse also has really great deals, especially on Lion Brand and Berrocco yarns!
 Elsewhere:
  - Puritan's Pride has an amazing selection of high quality vitamins and supplements and right now they are running a special: buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 3 free!
~Tip of the Week:
From Harriet- When doing the long tail cast on, wrap your yarn around the needle as many times as you need stitches, then start there!  Then you won't run out of yarn or have a super extra way too long tail at the end!
~ How I Saved the Week:
  I went to Kohl's and cashed in on their awesome Memorial Day sale!  I had a giftcard, and I bought 6 shirts, a skirt and a dress for under $90 (about $30 was on the giftcard) and saved $159!!!  I WIN!
~ DIY:
 Slug repellers: Take a small cup or can (the size of a tuna can) and dig it into the ground and fill it with beer. (So the top is ground level)  Then, to keep other critters out of the beer, cover it with another can with a hole cut in so slugs can still crawl in.  The slugs will crawl in and fall into the beer and happily drown!
~Worth It!
Knit Socks by Betsy Lee McCarthy
$14.95 for 15 patterns.
Pros:
- Best vanilla sock pattern ever in my opinion!
- Patterns use lots of different weights of yarn so you could easily sub!
- Patterns in all sizes!
- Lots of little tips and tricks hidden in the book!
- Description of kitchener stitch and how to use DPNs are the best I've ever seen!
-Good skill progression through the book
- Patterns are all cute, lots of different styles.
- Patterns are written line by line, so easy and great for beginners!
- Pictures show really well the techniques you'll need!
Overall: WORTH IT!
~Contact Info:
Ravelry: Roue
Twitter: Roue0824
If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes or click that happy little button below!
Use your KnitCents!







No comments:

Post a Comment