Saturday, April 24, 2010

Episode 15- Compost is hot

~Welcome/ Intro
~KAL- There's still time!!! Knit a pair of baby socks before the end of the month!  It has to be tagged in Ravelry as finished by April 30, and it needs to be photographed and posted in the Ravelry Group before NOON on May 1!
~ Knitting-  I've done a few rows on my wedding shawl, a lot on the Simple Knitted Bodice, a bit on the Bumbling Podcaster socks, and I started a pair of Monkey Socks for my mama!  I also finished my KAL socks!
~ Spinning:  Spun up about 1oz of Polworth from Sunset Fibers in colorway Melon. AMAZING! That's all I can say!
~Free Entertainment- I finished listening to all the back episodes of Manic Purl, and I found a new podcast!  Fiddleknits with Erica is fantastic!  Totally added to my subscribed list!
~Sales!!!:
   - Elann:  TONS of different house brand yarns for less than $3 a skein, and flat rate shipping!
   - Little Knits:  I got to go to this shop in person today and the crazy cheap prices are real!  Austerman's Step for only $10.99 instead of $20!!!
Elsewhere:
   - Reynold's has recently released a 100% recycled and recyclable aluminum foil!  Click here to get a coupon for $1.25 off!
~Tip of the Week: Buy products with less packaging!  It saves you money because the distributor isn't paying for extra packaging!
~ How I Saved the Week: I got an open composting bin for only $23.99 instead of regularly priced $39.99!  I also bought a bunch of stuff at Costco that I won't need again for a long time!  Yay Costco!
~ DIY:  How to Compost!
~ Worth It!
   Knit Fix by Lisa Kartus
Retail: $19.99
Cons: There are none that I could find.
Pros: The entire book. This book has details on anything that could go wrong in your knitting, and how to fix it!  From tinking back a few stitches to un- binding off and fixing color mistakes in intarsia!  I wish I'd had this book when I first started knitting!  Truly the best book for any knitter, new or seasoned expert!
Contact:
Ravelry: Roue
Email Me!
Twitter: Roue0824




2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, I really like the podcast. I do have a suggestion to make your show notes a little clearer. Since you have a really clear show structure, use the section titles as headings. Put them in bold and on their own line, then with the pertaining notes below. It'll make it much easier when your readers are trying to sift through the information.

    Again, I really like the show! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for a wonderfully helpful podcast. I really look forward to hearing each episode. Best of luck on the Wedding Shawl!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete