Saturday, March 6, 2010

Episode 9- Over 9,000!

~Welcome/ Intro:  The podcast has had over 10,000 downloads since I started! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped make that happen!  You guys rock!
~ Contest:  Connie, aka Maltesemama on Ravelry has won the February contest!
  March Contest:  Share your best tip for "Going Green."  Prize: 2 skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in colorways Green Tea Heather and Avacado.
Submit your tip by March 27, and we'll vote after that!
~ Knitting:  I finished my Ravelympics socks for my Gramma, and she LOVED them!
  I also finished my Cabled Feather Cowl, and it is on its way to Berlin right now!  Finally, I took my wedding shawl out of the time- out box, and have finished the first chart on it!
~Spinning:  I'm still working on my Merino/ Tencel-  LOVELY!  I also carded together some yak, baby alpaca, cashmere, camel and quiviut to make one wonderful uber luxury fiber!  I'm spinning on my Akha spindle, who needs a name!! Help?
~Sales!
  Yarn/ FIber
   - Pacific Wool and Fiber is offering 8 ounces of Corriedale Cross Top for $7.95!  AWESOME DEAL!
   - KnitPicks wants you to share the news about their new products!  Send an e-card from their website and they will enter you in a drawing to win a $50 gift certificate!
  Elsewhere
   - I've noticed a lot of auto repair shops are offering "tax time sales."  Since tax returns are coming back, now seems to be the best time to get any repairs needed on your vehicle!
~Tip of the Week:  Re-use your disposables!  Not everything!  Reuse salsa containers, yogurt containers and sandwich bags!  Just wash them out and let them dry!
~How I Saved the Week:  I paid off a loan, I saved $300 on airfare to Houston by knowing what airlines fly the cheapest to that airport, and I checked my "junk" email account and found a coupon for some free yogurt!  Yum!
~Worth It!
  Respect the Spindle by Abby Franquemont
This book is amazing!  Not only are all 135 pages jam packed with amazing information and beautiful photos, but there is a ton of technical information about the physics behind spinning!  All aspects of learning are addressed, so any type of learner can use this book effectively, and easily!
**Overall** WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment